Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cleaning Up

I went to school today to water and feed everyone. I also pulled out the tomatoes while I was there. Those tomatoes were ready to go. They weren't producing any more fruit, and they had some kind of mildew on the leaves. I plan on planting two or three tomato plants that I saw at a store that said "Heat Wave Tomatoes... we love 100 degree temperatures". I will probably do that Friday or Monday. Today I also cut some okra and weeded the pumpkins. The pumpkins are really growing and I hope soon that they will start getting flowers on them. But it would be better to wait to get flowers until the kids are there. There are only 21 more days until the kids come back! I also filled the bird feeder and put water in the bird bath. We now have a lot of peppers, 10 watermelon (in various stages of growth), okra, one cantaloupe, and only two gourds. Someone picked the ones on the opposite side of the fence. I am disappointed, because now we won't have enough for every student to make a bird house, unless some more grow on those plants. But we WILL have enough to make some for the garden, so it will all work out! Also, the squash seems to be running out of energy! The vines are all over the place, and it has flowers on it, but no new fruit. It might be time for it to go also. I want the garden to look nice when school begins again. I will have to spend some time in the next few weeks making it a little neater.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow gold opportunity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home