Thursday, July 06, 2006

Great Gourds!


I went to school today, expecting changes, since I had not been since Monday. But I was not expecting the size of these gourds! They have tripled in size in just four days! They average about 6 inches from top to bottom. There are four gourds that are this size, then about ten more little ones, and still more flowers. So we will have enough for every student to make a birdhouse to take home. The watermelon are still growing, and Mr. Landreth and I counted ten of them. And there are still flowers, so maybe more watermelons. The pumpkin plants are growing also. All of the classroom animals are fine, and happy to get fed today. In the picture above, you can see the okra, squash and some tomatoes in the background. I may have to move the sand table (at the right of the picture) to give the watermelons more room! The watermelon vine has grown under the sandtable and there are two watermelons under it. The watermelon vine has also grown down the sidewalk towards the gate (at the right hand of the picture. I hope that the students will be as excited about all of this as I am!

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much these gourds have grown in such a little time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home